Marsh Creek Eagles Mission Statement
It is the purpose of the Marsh Creek Eagles to teach the game of football and skills of cheerleading to any and all eligible children within a defined geographic area. We, as an organization and individually, will willingly teach the skills necessary to play and enjoy these activities without regard to race, gender, color or creed of the children entrusted to our program. We will teach good sportsmanship and encourage our participants to show respect for their opponents, coaches and teammates. We will, at all times, bear in mind that our primary mission is to build the self respect and self confidence of the children in our care.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COACHES, TRAINERS, AND TEAM PARENTS
Interested in volunteering to be a Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Trainer, Equipment Manager or Team Parent? To comply with new PA state regulations, as well as Pop Warner and Bux-Mont policies, you must submit the following:
1. Marsh Creek Volunteer Application
Download, complete and bring this form to one of the Uniform Sizing and Paperwork Drop Off Events. The cost to process the background check paperwork is $14, which must be received before the application is processed. (Note: Head Coach applications will be accepted through April 2nd for the upcoming season.)
2. Criminal History Record from the PA State Police.
Request this online through PATCH (Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History). You will need to create an account by following the instructions on the website. When you get the response with your history, bring it to any Uniform Sizing and Paperwork Drop Off Event.
3. Child Abuse History from the PA Department of Human Services.
Request this online. You will need to create an account on the state’s Compass system by following the instructions on the website. When you get the response with your history, bring it to any Uniform Sizing and Paperwork Drop Off Event.
4. This step depends on whether or not you have lived continuously in PA for the past 10 years.
- If you have lived continuously in PA for the past 10 years, download the Bux-Mont Volunteer Affidavit. Complete this form, including your current address on the first page and signatures on the second page (the witness signature does NOT have to be a notary, and the form does NOT have to be notarized), and bring it to any Uniform Sizing and Paperwork Drop Off Event.
- If you have NOT lived continuously in PA for the past 10 years, you will need to request a Federal Criminal History Record, which is a fingerprinting process. Register for a Cogent account online at the link provided, complete the required information, and you will be able to go to a fingerprinting location to be fingerprinted. When you get the response, bring it to any Uniform Sizing and Paperwork Drop Off Event.
5. One Additional Item for Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Trainers Only
Every coach (anyone involved in football instruction) will need to be USA Football Heads Up Certified. This is a yearly requirement. You can create an account at USA Football, but don’t sign up for the course until you receive a voucher code from the Marsh Creek Eagles organization. This will allow you to get the certification at no cost, and it also helps keep track of who is certified.
When you complete and pass the course, you should print the certificate and bring it to any Uniform Sizing and Paperwork Drop Off Event. You may include it with the other forms as a single packet.
A one-page document summarizing the various requirements can be found here.
MARSH CREEK EAGLES COACHING SELECTION
Purpose: To select from all applicants, head and assistant coaches for all current seasons teams.
Process: The coaches selection committee will review all applications and interview each prospective head coach. The committee will use the criteria listed below as a guideline to direct the interview, and make recommendations back to the Marsh Creek Eagles board. The board will make all final appointments of head coaches.
Head Coach Selection Process Criteria
- Head coaches must have a complete understanding of and agreement on Marsh Creek mission statement and philosophy.
- Head coaches must have a strong desire and knowledge to teach the game of football, maximizing the development of player skills and strong desire to ensure every player has a positive MCE experience.
- Head coaches must have a plan to manage a staff of Assistant Coaches – practice and game day assignments and responsibilities.
- Head coaches must have an Offensive and Defensive plan and strategy.
- Head coaches must demonstrate good communication skills be well-organized (players, coaches, parents, Commissioners, and Board of Directors)
- Head coaches must have a minimum of one year experience coaching with Marsh Creek for non-competitive and a minimum of two years experience coaching with Marsh Creek for competitive (no experience necessary for flag).
- Head coaches must be responsible for all aspects of team, player, and parent involvement, participation, and actions (supported by Commissioner).
Coaching Clinic Information
To be eligible for coaching in a Pop Warner league, all tackle coaches for 2017 are required to attend a Mandatory Coaching Clinic. Coaches’ Awareness Clinics focus on rules, strategies and training. Time and date TBD
For more information regarding Coaching please contact: