Volunteer Screening Policy
Please visit the Coaches page for details on new requirements to comply with new PA state regulations.
Marsh Creek is following the national trend of requiring background checks on all adults who are involved with children. We conduct a search on all volunteers who have routine access to our children. A person can be disqualified and prohibited from participating in our organization if they are found to have any of the following situations in their background check:
- Convicted of a crime of child abuse, sexual abuse of a minor, physical abuse, causing a child’s death, neglect of a child, murder, manslaughter, felony assault, any assault against a minor, kidnapping, arson, criminal sexual conduct, prostitution related crimes or controlled substance crimes.
- Being adjudged liable for civil penalties or damages involving sexual or physical abuse of a child.
- Being subject to any court order involving any sexual or physical abuse of a minor; including but not limited to domestic order or protection.
- Had their parental rights terminated.
- A history with another organization of complaints of sexual or physical abuse of minors.
- A history of other behavior that indicates that they may be a danger to children in the Marsh Creek Eagles football program.